Honeywell Gas Valve Actuator, V4055A1304
Quantity in Basket: None
V4055A, B, D, E On-Off Fluid Power Gas Valve Actuator
The V4055 Gas Valve Actuator, in combination with a VE5000a, V5055 or V5097 Gas Valve, controls the gas supply to commercial and industrial burners. When replacing a V4034 with a V4055, the V5034 gas valve must also be replaced with a V5055 or V5097 gas valve.
• The V4055 Actuator, when used with the VE5000¹, V5097 or V5055 Valve, is rated for final safety shutoff service.
• The V4055 Actuator can be used with the characterized guide model of the V5055 or V5097 Gas Valve to enhance lightoff smoothness.
• The standard model has an opening time of 26 seconds at 60 Hz or 32 seconds at 50 Hz. A fast-opening model is available with timings of 13 seconds at 60 Hz or 16 seconds at 50 Hz.
• Maximum closing time is one second, which meets code, standard and insurer requirements.
• Models available with damper shaft, with or without spring return; shaft extends out both sides and rides in Teflon-like Delrin bushings; used with standard 7616BR Damper Crank Arm.
• Red OPEN indicator attached to actuator stem shows when valve is even slightly open; yellow SHUT indicator on valve stem shows only when gas valve is fully closed.
• Models available with adjustable max flow limit switch.
• Ambient temperature rating is -40°F to +150°F (-40°C to +66°C) for 60 Hz models and -10°F to +158°F (-23°C to +70°C) for 50 Hz and 50/60 Hz models.
• Valve and actuator combinations can be mounted in any position, with the exception of the 220 to 240 Vac, 50/60 Hz models, which are mounted vertically.
• Models available with factory-installed single pole double throw (spdt) field-adjustable Auxiliary Switch. Field-addable Auxiliary Switch kits are also available.
• Standard enclosure meets NEMA 1 (IP30) requirements; models available with NEMA 4 (IP54) weatherproof enclosure.
• V4055D and high pressure V4055E with Proof-of-Closure Switch and V5055/V5097C or E with valve seal overtravel interlock (double seal) to meet specific code, standard and insurer requirements.
¹VE5000 is a European manufactured and approved valve for European use only.
• V4055A Actuator, with V5055, V5097 or VE5000 Gas Valves, provides on-off control of fuel. With proper adapter (see Accessories), it replaces the V4034 Actuator on a V5034 Gas Valve.
• V4055B Actuator is a high pressure version of V4055A.
• V4055D Actuator is identical to V4055A, except has a Proof-of-Closure Switch. Used with V5055C/V5097C (double seal) for valve seal over-travel interlock.
• V4055E Actuator is identical to V4055B, except has a Proof-of-Closure Switch. Used with V5055E/V5097E (double seal) for valve seal over-travel interlock.
• NEMA 4 weatherproof models available.
Nominal Opening Time (seconds)
Maximum Closing Time: One second when de-energized.
Ambient Operating Temperature Ratings:
• 60 Hz Models: -40°F to 150°F (-40°C to 66°C)
• 50 Hz, 50/60 Hz Models: -10°F to 158°F (-23°C to 70°C)
Mounting: V4055 Actuator attaches directly to V5055/V5097 Valve with two sets of screws positioned 90-degrees apart. Combination is multipoise.
NOTE: 220-240 Vac, 50/60 Hz models are vertical mount only.
Pressure Ratings of Valve-Actuator Combinations
² Maximum operating pressure differential.
³ Maximum closeoff pressure without seat leakage. This is the maximum valve pressure drop allowed while fully closed, and is independent of the valve body rating.
V4055A, D Electrical Ratings
² 60 Hz power supply
³ 230 Vac, 50 Hz power supply
⁴ 230 Vac, 60 Hz power supply
V4055B, E Electrical Ratings
Replaces Part Number: V4055A1304