Honeywell Firing Rate Gas Valve, Small Body, V5197A1003
Quantity in Basket: None
V5197A Firing Rate Gas Valve
The V5197A is a firing rate valve used to provide variable flow control of air, natural gas, liquefied petroleum (LP), and manufactured gases. The V5197A is actuated by a firing rate motor that can be mounted directly on the valve. The V5197A is not applicable as a safety shutoff valve.
The V5197A is specially designed to provide fine control of gas flow in applications where a high turn down ratio is required.
The maximum flow adjustment screw on the bottom of the valve allows adjusting the maximum flow of gas through the V5197 while maintaining the linear modulating characteristics and stroke.
The V5197A is part of the Honeywell Integrated Valve Train System that allows gas train components to be directly bolted together.
• Used with air, natural, manufactured or liquefied petroleum (LP) gases.
• For modulating applications that do not require final shutoff service of firing rate valve.
• Two valve body types (small and large) applicable to seven pipe sizes:
• Small body type for 3/4 in. (19 mm), 1 in. (25 mm),
1-1/4 in. (32 mm), 1-1/2 in. (38 mm) and 2 in. (51 mm) pipes, NPT or ISO 7 threads.
• Large body type for 2 in. (51 mm), 2-1/2 in. (64 mm) and 3 in. (76 mm) pipes, NPT or ISO 7 threads.
• Two downstream 1/4 in. NPT threaded pressure taps available.
• Accepts C6097 Pressure Switch mounted directly to flange (downstream pressure tap only).
• Unpainted cast aluminum body.
• Suitable for electric or pneumatic operators with the appropriate linkage.
• May be used with manufacturers own linkage and drive motor.
• Flow adjustment screw on bottom of valve controls maximum flow.
• Visual position indicator.
IMPORTANT: The specifications in this publication do not include normal manufacturing tolerances; therefore, an individual unit may not exactly match the specifications listed. Also, this product is tested and calibrated under closely controlled conditions, and some minor differences in performance can be expected if those conditions are changed.
• V5197A1003: Small body
• V5197A1011: Large body
Type of Gas: Air, natural, manufactured, mixed or liquefied petroleum (LP) gases only
Pipe Size of the gas train: 3/4 in. (19 mm), 1 in. (25 mm), 1-1/4 in. (32 mm), 1-1/2 in. (38 mm), 2 in. (51 mm), 2-1/2 in. (64 mm), 3 in. (76 mm)
Pressure Rating: Maximum operating pressure of 15 psi (1 Bar)
Maximum Valve Capacities: SCFH gas: 0.64 sp. gr. at 1 in. wc pressure drop across valve (flow limit adjustment set at 100% open)
Maximum Flow Capacity (natural gas at 0.64 sp.gr.) at 1-in w.c. (2.5 mBar) Pressure Drop Across Valve:
Ambient Operating Temperature Rating: -40°F to +150°F (-40°C to +66°C)
Replaces Part Number: V5197A1003