Honeywell Direct Ignition Automatic Valve Combo Gas Control, VR8204M1091
Quantity in Basket: None
VR8205; VR4205 Direct Ignition Dual Automatic Valve Combination Gas Control
The VR8205 and VR4205 Direct Ignition Dual Automatic Valve Combination Gas Controls are for use with direct ignition systems in gas-fired appliances. The controls include a safety shutoff, a manual valve, two automatic operators and a pressure regulator and conduit cover (VR4205 only).
• VR8205 used with S89C,E,F and S87 series 5 and later
• VR4205 used with 120 Vac direct ignition modules
• VR8205 for use with 24 Vac heating appliances and VR4205 for use with 120 Vac heating appliances that burn natural or manufactured gas, or liquefied petroleum (LP) gas
• Capacity rated at 150 cfh at 1 in. wc pressure drop [4.2 m3/h at 0.25 kPa]
• Solenoid operated first automatic valve opens on thermostat call for heat and closes when call for heat ends
• Diaphragm-operated second automatic valve opens under control of the regulator and closes if gas or power supply is interrupted
• Two-position gas control knob has ON and OFF positions
• All adjustments and wiring connections accessible from top of the control
• Compact size
• Straight-through body pattern; right angle adapters available for inlet and outlet
• 1/2 in. inlet and 1 /2 in. outlet; adapters available for 3/8 or 3/4 in
• Adjustable servo regulator effectively maintains almost constant gas output pressure under wide fluctuations in gas supply pressure
• Inlet and outlet screens included
• Wiring terminal block color-coded brown to indicate direct ignition control
• May be installed at any angle between 0 and 90 degrees from the upright position, including vertically
• 1/4 in. male quick-connect terminals for electrical connections
• 0° F to 175° F [-18° C to +79° C] temperature range standard; -40° F to +175° F [-40° C to +79° C] available
• lnlet and outlet pressure taps included; both taps accessible from top of control
• Standard-, slow- and step-opening models available
IMPORTANT: The specifications given in this publication do not include normal manufacturing tolerances. Therefore, this unit may not exactly match the listed specifications. Also, this product is tested and calibrated under closely controlled conditions, and some minor differences in performance can be expected if those conditions are changed.
Pressure Tapping: Inlet and outlet taps standard. Taps accessible from top of control. Tap is 1/8 in. NPT with plug containing recess for 3/16 in. Allen wrench.
Pressure Rating: AGA rating 1 /2 psi [3.5 kPa] inlet pressure.
Pressure Regulation: Regulator adjustment accessible from top of control.
Mounting: Can be mounted 0 to 90 degrees in any direction from the upright position of the gas control knob, including vertically.
Temperature Rating: VR8205A,C,H; VR4205H: 0° F to 175° F [-18° C to +79° C]. VR8205M,P,K; VR4205M,P: -40° F to +175° F [-40° C
to +79° C]
Gas Capacity Conversion Factors
Body Pattern: Straight-through with 1/2 in. inlet and 1/2 in. outlet. Flanges available for 3/8, 1/2 and 3/4 in. straight and 90° angle connection
Replaces Part Number: VR8204M1091