24V Electric Non-spring Return Actuator 70#IN 100/10000ohm D/C
M9108 Series Electric Non-spring Return Actuators
The M91xx Series includes M9108, M9116, M9124, and M9132 models. All of these direct-mount electric actuators operate on 24 VAC or VDC power. The M91xx actuators are available for use with on/off, floating, proportional, or resistive controllers. These bidirectional actuators do not require a damper linkage, and are easily installed on a damper with a round shaft up to 3/4 in. (19 mm) in diameter or a square shaft up to 5/8 in. (16 mm). They may be direct or remote mounted to a damper or mounted to a valve using one of the M9000-5xx Valve Linkage Kits. A single M91xx model delivers up to 280 lb·in (32 N·m) of torque. Two AGx, GGx, or HGx models in tandem deliver twice the torque or 560 lb·in (64 N·m). The angle of rotation is mechanically adjustable from 0 to 90° in 5-degree increments. Integral auxiliary switches are available to indicate end-stop position or to perform switching functions at any angle within the selected rotation range. Position feedback is available through switches, a potentiometer, or a 0 (2) to 10 VDC signal.
Features and Benefits
• Six Torques: 70 to 560 lb·in (8 to 64 N·m) - Offer the most suitable choice for the application
• Four Control Inputs Meet the needs of most applications
• Output Position Feedback Provides simple, closed-loop control with accurate position sensing
• Electronic Stall Detection Ensures higher reliability by deactivating the actuator motor when a stall condition is detected
• Master/Slave Operation Allows synchronized control for two actuators stacked for tandem applications
• Zero and Span Adjustment (HGx Models) Allows sequential operation of dampers from a single input signal of 0 (2) to 10 VDC, 0 (4) to 20 VDC, or 0 (4) to 20 mA
• Jumper-selectable Rotation Direction and Manual Gear Release Simplify installation, setup, and field adjustments
• NPT Threaded Housing Provides easy connection for electrical fittings
IMPORTANT: This device is not designed or intended to be used in or near environments where explosive vapors or gases could be present, or environments where substances corrosive to the device’s internal components could be present.
M91xx actuators are designed to position air dampers and valves in Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems.
• positioning return air or exhaust dampers
• controlling face and bypass dampers
• positioning blades for variable volume fans
• positioning VG1000 Series ball valves and VG7000 Series globe valves when used with an M9000-5xx Valve Linkage
IMPORTANT: The M91xx Series actuator is intended to control equipment under normal operating conditions. Where failure or malfunction of an M91xx actuator could lead to an abnormal operating condition that could cause personal injury or damage to the equipment or other property, other devices (limit or safety controls), or systems (alarm or supervisory) intended to warn of, or protect against, failure or malfunction of an M91xx actuator must be incorporated into and maintained as part of the control system.
M91xx actuators operate on 24 VAC at 50/60 Hz or 24 VDC. These compact actuators use a DC motor with stall detection circuitry that operates throughout the entire stroke. The GGx, HGx, and JGx models employ noise-filtering techniques on the control signal to eliminate repositioning due to line noise. Rotation is mechanically limited to 93° by integral end-stops. The position of the actuator is marked from 0 to 90° on the cover. An anti-rotation bracket prevents lateral movement of the actuator. Pressing the springloaded gear release on the actuator cover disengages the gear train for manual repositioning of the coupler.
Replaces Part Numbers: M9108-JGA-2