2%RH SENSOR, SURF/DUCT 2250ohm, (TRUERH™ Series HE-67xx Humidity Transmitter w/ Temperature Sensor
The TRUERH™ Series HE-67xx humidity transmitter with temperature sensor
offers dependable technology, ease of installation, and application
flexibility in an attractively styled wall mount package. The patented
All-Polymer humidity sensor construction improves resistance to chemical
corrosion. The element measures humidity within either ±2% or ±3%
accuracy, and generates a voltage signal proportional to 0 to 100%
Relative Humidity (RH).
Johnson Controls designed the HE-6700 Series humidity transmitter with temperature sensor to use with most controllers. It works directly with the VMA1200 and VMA1400 Series controllers. An additional thin-film nickel or thin-film platinum temperature sensor adapts the unit for zone enthalpy control applications. TRUERH products feature patented circuitry and calibration improvements.
Features and Benefits
• National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Traceable Calibration Meets NIST standards for calibration testing, verifying, and auditing
• Time Response Improvement Improves local temperature control, increases employee comfort, and reduces energy consumption
• Controller Configuration Switch Allows the user to adjust room comfort and to choose occupancy features that match the application and controller
• Occupancy Light-Emitting Diode (LED) Indicator Displays the controller’s current operating mode
• Setpoint Adjustment (Optional) Allows local control of temperature
• Manual Override Pushbutton (PB) Signals the controller that the space is occupied in order to override time-of-day setback
• Globally Scaled Unit Includes setpoint and bulb indicator (both optional) with Fahrenheit and Celsius ranges, 65 to 85°F (19 to 29°C)
• Universal Mounting Ships with U.S. wallbox and surface mounting base (all installation hardware included)
IMPORTANT: The HE-67xx Series humidity transmitter with temperature sensors are intended to provide input to equipment under normal operating conditions. Where failure or malfunction of an HE-67xx Series humidity transmitter with temperature sensors could lead to an abnormal operating condition that could cause personal injury or damage to the equipment or other property, other devices (limit or safety controls) or systems (alarm or supervisory) intended to warn of, or protect against, failure or malfunction of the HE-67xx Series humidity transmitter with temperature sensors must be incorporated into and maintained as part of the control system.
The HE-67xx Series is the second generation of humidity transmitter with temperature sensors for sensing space humidity and temperature. The improved response time from this temperature sensor results in a 70% faster response time, which leads to:
• increased comfort and reduced complaints about ambient temperature (hot/cold)
• increased comfort due to temperature overshoot elimination
• increased savings from reduced energy consumption
Temperature sensing element selection allows the user to tailor unit operation to specific application requirements. The easy-to-install HE-67xx comes factory calibrated; it can recover quickly from saturation or loss of power. These features result in a reduction both of the amount of time needed to install and commission the unit and of the maintenance cost. Each unit contains a 1000 ohm nickel or platinum temperature sensor. An optional warmer/cooler or graduated scale temperature setpoint adjusts up to heat or down to cool.
A manual override PB allows the occupant to control local temperature. By activating this feature, the end user can signal the controller that the space is occupied after hours or on weekends. An occupancy LED (red) displays the controller’s current operating mode:
• On = Occupied
• Off = Unoccupied
• Flashing = Standby
Another new feature is the Dual Inline Package (DIP) switch, which
programs the HE-67xx to either:
• disable the PB and LED indicator
• enable PB with LED indicator
• enable PB without LED indicator
When released, the HE-67xx access door swings down to reveal the Zone Bus connector and the optional temperature indicator and setpoint adjustments.
The HE-67xx features a quick-mount design that saves time and simplifies installation.
A mounting base and screws come with the unit so it can be mounted directly to drywall (spring clips provided) or a U.S. wallbox. All wiring connects to terminal blocks.
Repair and Replacement
The HE-67xx units are not field repairable. Unit must be replaced.