One or Two Rod Hot Surface Ignition Control 4 or 7 second trial time and 4 or 7 second lockout timin
Quantity in Basket: None
Universal Hot Surface Ignition Module is designed to provide easy field replacement of a wide range of hot surface ignition modules manufactured by Honeywell, Robertshaw and White-Rodgers. The S8910U Module provides operating control of a direct ignition system using a 120 Vac hot surface igniter.
• Replaces many White-Rodgers, Robertshaw and Honeywell hot surface ignition models.
• For 120 Vac (up to 5.0A) surface igniter (Norton 201/271 or equivalent).
• For local (single rod) or remote (dual rod) rectification type flame sensing.
• Contains easy-to-use instructions plus the accessories required to adapt the existing hot surface ignition module.
• Provides one or three ignition trials (four-second or seven-second trials) per call for heat; prepurge of 32 seconds or less; up to 96 seconds between purge trial times.
• Temperature range is -40 to +175 F (-40 to +79 C).
Description Provide electronic control of direct hot surface ignition systems used on gas fired furnaces, boilers, and other heating appliances.
Ignition System Type Direct Hot Surface Ignition
Ignition Sequence The number of trials for ignition and trial time is determined by the selection tab. If a selection tab is not installed, the module will operate at four seconds trial time and one ignition trial.
Typical Gas Control VR8205, VR8305
Type of Gas Natural or LP
Flame Sense Single Rod or Two Rods
Ignition Source Line Voltage (120 VAC) Hot Surface Element (Norton Model 201 or 270)
PrePurge 32 seconds
Ignition Trials To Lockout 1 or 3
Lockout Timing 4 sec. or 7 sec.
Ignition Trial Time (sec) 4 sec. or 7 sec.
Maximum Valve Load @ 24 Vac (Amps) 2A
Typical Ignition Hardware Norton 201, Norton 271, Q354
Dimensions (in.) 5 1/4 in. high x 4 1/16 in. wide x 1 15/16 in. long
Dimensions (mm) 133 mm high x 103 mm wide x 49 mm deep
Electrical Ratings 24 Vac
Frequency 60 Hz
Maximum Ambient Temperature (F) -40 F to +175 F
Maximum Ambient Temperature (C) -40 C to +79 C
Approvals, Canadian Standards Association Design Certified
Tradeline Value Super Tradeline
Between Trial Time (sec) (2) 96 sec.- 3 trial mode only
Flame Failure Response Time (sec) 1.5 sec.
Replaces Part Numbers: