Singe Rod Hot Surface Ignition Control with 15 second trial timing and 15 second lockout timing (Hon
Quantity in Basket: None
Provide operating control and system shutdown on loss of main burner flame in direct ignition central heat furnaces and heating appliances with hot surface igniter.
• S89C,G,J are for systems with a combination igniter- sensor.
• S89C lock out after one try for ignition. S89G,H provide three tries for ignition before lockout, with 30 sec. min. purge before second and third tries.
• Compatible with Norton 201 and 271 or equivalent hot surface igniters.
• Available with leadwires for line voltage connections.
• Modules can be used on either natural or LP gas; they provide 100 percent shutoff of gas on lockout.
• Modules have relay contacts for use with any direct ignition gas control with max. 2.0 A, 24 Vat rating.
• Modules use rectification principle for flame sensing. -40 F to +175 F (-40 C to +79 C) temperature rating.
Description Provide electronic control of direct hot surface ignition systems used on gas fired furnaces, boilers, and other heating appliances.
Ignition System Type Direct Hot Surface Ignition
Ignition Sequence Single trial for main burner ignition (then shut down and lockout)
Typical Gas Control VR8205, VR8305
Type of Gas Natural or LP
Flame Sense Single Rod
Ignition Source Line Voltage (120 VAC) Hot Surface Element (Norton Model 201)
Ignition Trials To Lockout 1
Lockout Timing 15 sec.
Ignition Trial Time (sec) 15 sec.
Maximum Valve Load @ 24 Vac (Amps) 2A
Typical Ignition Hardware Norton 201
Dimensions (in.) 5 1/4 in. high x 4 1/16 in. wide x 1 15/16 in. long
Dimensions (mm) 133 mm high x 103 mm wide x 49 mm deep
Electrical Ratings 24 Vac
Frequency 60 Hz
Maximum Ambient Temperature (F) -40 F to +175 F
Maximum Ambient Temperature (C) -40 C to +79 C
Approvals, Canadian Standards Association Design Certified
Flame Failure Response Time (sec) 2.0 sec. @ 2.5 microamp
Replaces Part Numbers: