EP-8000 Series Electro-Pneumatic Transducer, 0/10V, HI-VOL
EP-8000 Series Electro-Pneumatic Transducers
EP-8000 Series Electro-Pneumatic Transducers convert a voltage or current signal from an electronic controller into a pneumatic output pressure signal. An increase or decrease in the input signal proportionally increases or decreases (respectively) the output pressure signal from the EP-8000.
Features and Benefits
• Compact, Simple Design Eases installation on a variety of mounting surfaces, including direct mounting on pneumatic valve actuators
• Choice of 0-10 VDC or 4-20 mA Input Range Interfaces with a wide range of controllers, making the unit ideal for retrofit installations
• Hypodermic Needle Test Point Allows for fast and easy output pressure signal measurement
• Factory Set, Fully Adjustable Zero and Span Facilitates field calibration, saving installation costs
• High Accuracy with Low Hysteresis Provides many years of use with less time spent on maintenance
The EP-8000 is designed to output a proportional pneumatic control signal in response to an electronic control signal. All units feature barbed air connections for 5/32 or 1/4 inch O.D. polytubing. Sequencing of pneumatic valve or damper actuators can be accomplished using a Johnson Controls V-9502 (Valve) or D-9502 (Damper) Actuator Positioner.
A change in the electrical input signal modulates the amount of air that exhausts from the leakport, producing an output pressure directly proportional to the input signal. Input and output pressure and flow relationships are detailed in Figures 3 through 5. A potentiometer located next to the wiring terminal block is provided for field span adjustment, and a screw located on the side of the EP-8000 is provided for zero adjustment.
· EP-8000 Transducer
· No. 8 3/8 in. sheet metal screws (2)
· flat-blade screwdrivers, 3/32 in. and 1/4 in.
· 5/32 in. drill bit and drill
Regardless of the mounting method chosen, the EP-8000 must be mounted within 5° of vertical for proper operation. In most cases, the vertical position of the EP-8000 can be obtained by correctly positioning the transducer’s mounting bracket and/or angle bracket. Do not mount an EP-8000 directly to a damper actuator.
To mount an EP-8000 on a pneumatic valve actuator, the EP-8000-101 Mounting Kit (ordered separately) must be used. The EP-8000, in conjunction with the EP-8000-101, can be mounted on the following actuators: 4R, 5R, 8R, V-400, V-500, or V-3000-1 Series Valve Actuator with or without a V-9502 Valve Actuator Positioner. It can also be used with a V-3000-8001 Series Valve Actuator with or without a V-9502.
Mount the EP-8000 on a flat, vibration-free surface, using the following steps:
1. Mark two mounting slots on the mounting surface using the integral mounting bracket as a template.
2. Drill a pilot hole at each of the marked locations.
3. Secure the EP-8000 in place using the two No. 8 screws provided.