24V Rotary ON/OFF W/AUX M9206 Series Electric Spring Return Actuator 24V Rotary ON/OFF W/AUX M9206 S
M9206 Series Electric Spring Return Actuators
The M9206 Series direct-mount, spring return electric actuators operate on 24 VAC or VDC power and are available for use with on/off, floating, or proportional controllers. These bidirectional actuators do not require a damper linkage, and are easily installed on a damper with a round shaft up to 1/2 in. (12.7 mm) diameter or a square shaft up to 3/8 in. (10 mm). They may also be mounted to ball valves using an M9000-51x linkage kit. The M9206 models deliver 53 lb·in (6 N·m) of torque. The angle of rotation is mechanically adjustable. Integral line voltage auxiliary switches are available to indicate end-stop position or to perform switching functions within the selected rotation range. Position feedback is provided on proportional models through a proportional DC voltage signal.
Features and Benefits
• Automatic Stroke Calibration at Installation - Self adjusts, reducing installation time and cost
• 0 (2) to 10 VDC, 6 to 9 VDC, or 0 (4) to 20 mA Input - Eliminates the need for an externally wired 500 ohm resistor
• Reversible Mounting Design - Provides Clockwise (CW) or Counterclockwise (CCW) return-to-normal positioning if a power loss occurs
• Electronic Stall Detection Throughout Entire Range - Increases actuator life by deactivating the actuator motor when an overload is detected
• Removable Coupler - Allows actuator stroke adjustment and/or adapts to a shorter damper shaft
• 1/2 in. Conduit Connector with 48 in. Wire Leads - Meets local code requirements for wiring and allows easy field wiring on retrofit jobs
• Auxiliary Switches (Optional) - Provide adjustable switch points with line voltage capability, including pilot duty rating
• 20 VDC at 25 mA Power Supply Output (Optional) - Provides power for external devices, making the actuator an ideal replacement for many competing products
M9206 actuators are designed to position air dampers and valves in Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems.
• positioning return air, exhaust, or outdoor air dampers
• controlling face and bypass dampers
• positioning valves when used with a ball valve linkage
Refer to the manufacturer’s information to properly size the damper, valve, and/or actuator.
IMPORTANT: This device is not designed or
intended to be used in or near environments where explosive vapors or
gases could be present, or environments where substances corrosive to the
device’s internal components could be present.
IMPORTANT: The M9206 Series actuator is intended to control equipment under normal operating conditions. Where failure or malfunction of an M9206 could lead to an abnormal operating condition that could cause personal injury or damage to the equipment or other property, other devices (limit or safety controls) or systems (alarm or supervisory) intended to warn of, or protect against, failure or a malfunction of an M9206 must be incorporated into and maintained as part of the control system.
M9206 actuators operate on 24 VAC at 50/60 Hz or 24 VDC. They use a stepper motor with stall detection circuitry that operates throughout the entire stroke.
The proportional actuators employ noise-filtering techniques on the control signal to eliminate repositioning due to line noise. Rotation is mechanically limited to 93° by integral end-stops. An anti-rotation bracket prevents lateral movement of the actuator.